Re: SM Fresh water pressure tank

Dan, that tank is mounted behind the generator and is the expansion tank for the water heater.

I bought that tank at an agriculture water pump shop in Australia. It was replaced in about 2008 and I am sure needs replacing. I bought one twice the size as the original. You should be able to find one anywhere that water-well pumps are sold.
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 9:38 AM Dan Carlson <carlsdan61@...> wrote:
Here is the photo of the tank.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021, 11:30 AM Dan Carlson via groups.io <carlsdan61=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello, my fresh water pressure accumulator tank is loosing pressure and then the pump has to cycle frequently when using water.

I have added air to the tank a number of times now and it escapes over a few days. I also removed the air fill valve and inspected and put silicone on the rubber seal and valve.

Does anyone else have troubleshooting experience? Or replacement?

I am currently in Antigua.

Photo of tank attached.

Thanks and regards, Daniel Carlson on sv BeBe, SM#387