The unit itself is located high up in the port cockpit locker with the exhaust straight out the port topside. The air intake is in the mizzen sheet/halyard cubby hole. The system works well, and I make a point to run it every now and then even in the summer.

Nick

S/Y Amelia AML 54-019 Leros Greece.

On 7 Jan 2021, at 16:17, Courtney Gorman via groups.io <Itsfun1@...> wrote:

Hi Jeff I'm not on the boat until Saturday so the only question I can answer now is that it is an air unit.  I'll try and get you the other answers this weekend.
Cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: JEFFREY KRAUS <jmkraus@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jan 7, 2021 7:56 am
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Heater installed by factory Amel 54

Dear Amelians,
I'm gathering information before installing a hyronic diesel heating system aboard my 54.
There are a couple questions regarding the installation on the 54s
If the install was a FACTORY (Amel) install:
1. Where did they vent the exhaust?
2. Was it an Espar heater?
3. Is it an air unit?
4. Did they mount the heater in the port locker or the ER?

If it was an installation that was done aboard but after purchase, and not by Amel:
1. Where did they vent the exhaust?
2. Espar or Webasto unit?
3. Air or Hydronic?
4. Heater mounted in Port Locker or ER?
5. If it's an Espar, and it's a hydronic, are your heating elements fan units, or straight radiator elements inside the boat?

Any feedback is appreciated.
Courtney (s/v Trippen): I'll get the fuel bladder pictures up soon. Sorry for the delay.

Best Regards to All,
Jeff
s/v Spirit Amel 54 #14
Shinnecock, NY