Re: Onan group on SM number 32

Did you measure the Temperature of the Exhaust Elbow and the Oil Filter?

The oil filter should be about 80C when the Onan has warmed up to operating temperature. And the exhaust elbow about 50C.

If the exhaust elbow is higher than 50C, there is a restriction or limitation of seawater flow. Other than the things you checked, this can be caused by a build-up of carbon in the exhaust manifold and exhaust elbow. Did you visually check the impeller?

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 2:16 PM Juan de Zulueta <jdezulue@...> wrote:

Dear Members,

the engine of my ONAN group on my Super Maramu after one hour is going on security ( engine check).
I checked the impeller, the heat exchanger, the main sea water filter , everything looks fine.
Does anybody encountered similar problem ?

many thanks in advance.

Juan de Zulueta
SM 32 Ophelie X
+596 696 98 81 32