image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 6:42 AM Juan de Zulueta <jdezulue@...> wrote:
Bill,

I have indeed an infrared medical thermometer. I will use it to check.
I was as well wondering if my problem could come from the thermostat?
I am currently in Antigua do yo know if there is a Onan dealer selling spare parts in Antigua ? I did not find any on the website of Cummins Onan.

Juan de Zulueta
+33680895892
sent from my Ipad.

Le 10 janv. 2021 à 19:17, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> a écrit :

Juan,

You should have something like this. It will help you with many things:
<image.png>

If you have a meat thermometer, it can work. Something like this:
<image.png>

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 4:39 PM Juan de Zulueta <jdezulue@...> wrote:
Bill, I changed the impeller but I did not check temperature of the oil neither of the exhaust
i am not sure what type of thermometer I can use .
I checked coolant level , see water temp, coolant temp in the hoses before and after heat exchanger but only by hand and not using thermometer

thanks again for your answer