Re: Onan group on SM number 32

Juan,

Over the years of production, some Onan generators have Normally Closed (NC) sensors and other Onans have Normally Open sensors (NO). Just because some other Super Maramu had NC sensors does not mean that your SM has the same. Attached is a page from my Amel Book that explains some of this.
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 1:03 PM Juan de Zulueta <jdezulue@...> wrote:
Hi Kent,

Thanks for your advise.
Next time my Onan will shut down i will try to short circuit the exhaust sensor or the coolant sensor to identify the origin of the pb.

Best regards

Juan de Zulueta
Ophelie X
SM 32

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 11 janv. 2021 à 14:53, karkauai via groups.io <karkauai=yahoo.com@groups.io> a écrit :

Hi Juan,
Thank you for answering my post about transmission .
I had a similar issue with my ONAN shutting down and found that the sensor on the exhaust elbow was faulty.  I had a spare and was back underway in a short time.  Some Onans have a normally closed temp switch that opens when the temp is too high. If you have that kind, and don't have a spare, short the two sensor wires and it should start.  If you have the normally open switch that closed when the temp gets too high, you can disconnect the sensor and it should start.
  In either case, regularly check the temps at your oil filter and exhaust whenever running it until you can get a replacement.

Hope that's the problem on your Onan, easy fix.
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

--