Re: Installing a holding tank Amel Maramu

Alain Blanchard

Hello Sarah & Trevor,

I Just acquired a SM from 1995. There was no holding tank installed. I am currently in the process Of installing one based on a tuto (here attached)

Mine is the same but a 85 L. Here is a picture 

It just fit in (47.5 cm large).
I will come back to you if any issue 

Regards Alain
SM 146 - Gruissan (France)

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 11 janv. 2021 à 19:21, James Watkins via groups.io <ewatk49734@...> a écrit :

It required removing nearly
All of the forward head trim. A plastic unit that fit behind the panels which were replaced. I think I may
Have some
Pictures and will try
To find them

Best regards
Jim Watkins
Ps. Probably best to do this on direct email feather than the forum unless
Others are interested. 

Sent from Yahoo for iPhone

On Monday, January 11, 2021, 7:13 PM, Sarah & Trevor McIlwaine <Ourbigboatyadventure@...> wrote:

Hi James,

Ahhh, no the boat is in the UK & we're currently in Portugal.  

Can I ask if it was timely, costly, and/or involved ripping the boat apart?  

We're heading back to the UK & will be living on board, so wondering how much of a headache it would be.

Thanks,

Sarah 

Sea Love, Hull 161

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021, 17:30 James Watkins via groups.io, <ewatk49734=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have Maramu hull 185 and while there was no holding tank in the forward head there was one in the aft head.  I had it done by a knowledgeable Amel person and can recommend hs contact.  I assume you are in the US?  

Best Regards

Jim Watkins

Owner Act II Maramu hull 185

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah & Trevor McIlwaine
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 6:18 PM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Installing a holding tank Amel Maramu

Hi everyone,

We're in the process of buying a 1985 Amel Maramu & were surprised to find there is no holding tank on it. 

Has anyone installed one in a Maramu? Did you do it yourselves or get a professional?  We're looking at costs, in the water or (I'm presuming it needs to be done whilst out of the water for a through hull)?

Any information or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Sarah & Trev 

Sea Love, Hull 161

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.