Re: ULTRA anchor 45KG or 35KG

Martin Birkhoff

Hello Jarek,
our chain was delivered by WASI. I am not sure if they manufactured it in their company or if it was produced by Wälder. I think it was done by Wälder. We bought the chain in 2002 and sailed in tropical waters in 2005, 2008 and 2009. In 2006 and 2007 we spent our time in Argentina and Chile with moderate water temperatures.
The chain is still in use today without any problems or signs of corrosion.
We never had any problems in tropical waters, no rust, no pitting. During long periods in the locker some parts of the chain showed small spots with a light film of initial rust but it was polished by the ground as soon as the chain was in use again. These spots never showed deep rust or pitting. In our opinion there are only two options for tropical waters: chromox or traditional galvanized steel.

Martin

SV Mago del Sur - 54 # 40