Re: FEIT Freshwater Pump Troubleshooting

Ian,

Here are a few things for you:
  1. You should not need to prime it, but you usually need to open a tap so air can escape.
  2. The accumulator tank should be set with the pump OFF and the system depressurized. Set the tank pressure at Cut-Off pressure less 15%.
  3. If the one-way valve is leaking it can cause this cycling and constant running because the pressure and water will leak back into the tank.
  4. The Square D pressure switch can be purchased in many places in the world.
Bill
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 5:20 PM Juan de Zulueta <jdezulue@...> wrote:
Hello Ian,

Last time I changed the fresh water pump i had to prime it.
I just dropped water through the exit hose.

You might have rust in the pressure tank going into the diaphragm.

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 14 janv. 2021 à 19:14, Orange <jdezulue@...> a écrit :

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 14 janv. 2021 à 19:07, Ian Townsend <smlocalola@...> a écrit :

Our FEIT freshwater pump won’t stop cycling. I have tried:

- adjusting cutin bolt spring
- cleaning the diaphragm
- changing out the D Squared switch
- playing with contacts
- sanding the brushes
- spraying with Corrosion X and WD40

When I tap it with a rubber hammer it stops. But then starts again when a tap is opened and won’t stop until another tap of the breaker is switched off.

The only thing left to try is the Accumulator tank pressure. Tomorrow I will pump it to about 12 PSI.

Two questions:

1. Last time I serviced the unit, it did not need priming. But if it does, what is the best way?
2. Is there anything else I might try?

Many thanks.

Ian
Loca Lola II