Re: Bilge pump activation switch

Thomas,

Amel made the one on SM 387 from copper tube. I could not find copper tube when I needed it, but found aluminum tube. See a snippet of a page from my Amel Book:
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 3:41 PM Thomas Kleman <lorient422@...> wrote:
As I was cleaning the terminals of my bilge pump activation switch, it disintigrated and fell into the bilge. Oops. Fortunately I had 2 spare switches with mountings so no big deal. But a question to the group. This switch is an Apem 631H with an extension mounted over the toggle for the strings which attach to the float. What exactly is that extension made of and how is it mounted (by Amel, I assume) ? It almost looks like some kind of heat shrink plastic shroud. It would be nice to have a few of these.

Thomas Kleman
SV L'ORIENT
SM2K 422