Re: B&G autopilot installation

I really like the install in your Sharki. I think it is perfect and gets rid of the chain-drive noise. That looks like the Jefa 150 KgM autopilot direct drive unit type I. I think a Mango or SM will need a Jefa 3600 Nm (375 KgM) autopilot direct drive unit type DD2 (12 or 24 volts).

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 11:30 AM Volker <Puchta@...> wrote:
Hi Arlo,

we did a similar project on our Sharki. But I we have choosen a more compact drive from JEFA, which is mounted to a stainless L shaped steel profile, bolted to the stringer.

Regards,
Volker
SV Mickmoon; Sharki hull 176