Re: Main outhaul travller

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Nick, if I understand you correctly the cracked part is the curved piece that carries the balls around the end. I had the same and the replacement car was expensive so almost for the fun of trying I made a replacement from aluminium plate. Tools. Hacksaw, bench grinder, vice and rat tail (round) file, half moon file. And of course a drill. Successful but I would have hated to pay myself for the hours it took. Good result and a long term fix. Reloading the car onto the track requires a short section of track to pre load the balls. Then butt this up to the track and feed it on. I couldnt source a short piece of track easily so I formed one out of wood. Some of the little balls were damaged so I replaced them all

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 17 January 2021 at 10:18 "Nick Fowle SM 404 Rascal via groups.io" <svrascal@...> wrote:

Hi, I have a broken shackle on the main outhaul car . The bar across the middle of the shackle is broken. When taking it apart today I noticed that there was a crack on one of the end pieces, close to the philips screw, which seems to be more than just cosmetic.

Anyone know whether its possible to replace a) the shackle and b) this small grey "end piece"

I have had a look on the Antel website to see if I could find a part numbers but looking at ANTAL's website http://www.antal.it/eng/4110SH_en , using the correct part number, which  I believe to be Model #4110/SH, the car looks very different from the one on my boom, so I guess it has been updated. If this is the case, any ideas where I can try and source these small parts, I have tried Defender, ebay and a few other searches but to no avail.

thanks