From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Patrick McAneny via groups.io
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2021 11:12 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Replacing carpet

Mike, Diane and I replaced our carpet about ten years ago,we went up the Airbase carpet mart in New Castle ,bought a short nap berber in beige ,used the old carpets as templates ,cut the new carpet maybe a 1/4" shorter all around ,allowing room for the binding of the edges. After cutting the pieces out we took them back and had them bind the edges. The new carpets fit as tight and as exacting as the original. We do not have foam backing ,I like the firm footing while underway ,if I had foam ,I would not want it very thick ,as it would not aid my balance on a rolling floor. The carpet still looks like new ,berber wears very well.

Our boat is in Haven Harbor north ,stopped by Haven Harbor south a few weeks ago ,but did not see your boat.

Stay Safe,

Pat

SM Shenanigans