Re: Replacing carpet

Mark Erdos

Found it. The website I got a quote from is gone. Here is the brand: Aquamat. If you do a search for the brand, you can find retailers.

No photo description available.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark Erdos via groups.io
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2021 7:51 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Replacing carpet

Hi Mike,

Sorry that didn’t work out. Thanks for letting me know it is no longer available. Too bad, carpet has lasted well for us and still looks good.

When I replace ours, I did consider another option. It was a plastic ribbed backing. Very high quality but a lot more money. The site I looked at made everything (binding, leather pull up tabs, etc.) and shipped pre-cut and ready to lay down. I’ll see if I can find it.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Tahiti, French Polynesia

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike Ondra via groups.io
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2021 5:28 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Replacing carpet

We are looking to replace our carpet and prefer to have a foam back both for comfort and non-slip. Saw Mark’s post on Shaw Nuwave backed carpet but it appears that is no longer in production. Received samples from Boatcarpet.com and even their “Premium Textured 22 oz.” carpet which are not foam backed and seems of low quality. Kanga, in Georgia (USA), makes a polyurethane foam rubber backing which they say they attach to carpet by Shaw, Marquis, Mohawk, and Engineered Floors. So far I have not found any vendor in the US that has such a product. Will continue search, but has anyone recently found a replacement carpet recently that they like?

Mike Ondra

Aletes SM#240

Rock Hall, MD

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.