Re: Engine Battery Drain - Is it the Prop Shaft Alternator?

Courtney Gorman

Hi woody the only thing that charges the starter battery is the engine alternator so if you don’t start it regularly it dies sorry 😞

On Jan 16, 2021, at 12:04 PM, Alan "Woody" Wood <woody@...> wrote:

Well this was an interesting one.. if you're into this sort of thing!

I had replaced a defunct engine room blower a few days previously, exchanging the Jabsco 35440-0010 with a 35770-0094 continuous duty blower.. and it completely drained the battery.
I was aware it was on the 12v starter battery system (even though its a 24v blower) but presumed if it wasn't operational then it wouldn't draw any power.
Evidently I was wrong :/