heading south

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi all from Danny and Yvonne on SM 299. Have been very interested in this topic. We are in Maine USA now and planning on going to the Caribbean for the winter. Had intended going back to Ft Lauderdale Florida, (our starting point 3 months ago)by early December, leaving her there and flying home to New Zealand for Christmas. Then returning in late January to proceed through the Bahamas to the Caribbean.
However having followed with interest the discussion we are now thinking of joining the 1500 from Hampton Virginia in November. Then we would have to leave the boat some where in the Caribbean from mid December until late January when we return. What is the Carribean destination for the 1500?
Not knowing any one or anything about the Caribbean can you advise a safe (clean) place to leave the boat, in or out of the water. What are the costs for this?

After the Caribbean we are going through the Panama and the Pacific and home to NZ
Looking forward to your advice.
Danny and Yvonne
SM 299