Re: SM spare halyard on main mast

Juan de Zulueta

Jarek,

I have the same mast head on my SM#32.
Using the hole at the front there is a big eye as per the picture attached on which you can put a block for a spinnaker or genaker halyard.

Juan de Zulueta
Ophelie X
SM#32
Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 20 janv. 2021 à 10:56, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> a écrit :

Well, obviously Amel changed the mast top during the production of the SM to allow for a specific mounting for an external halyard. I am betting Mr. Amel resisted this addition.😀

This is another simple reminder, that although SMs look alike from the beginning of production until the last one produced, changes were made a lot more frequently than most of us realize. I try to remember when answering a question to include this statement in all answers.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 6:54 AM Jarek Zemlo via groups.io <noa_blue=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote: