Re: Where do you send the grey water from a washing machine?

Ian Townsend

On our SM, the washing machine grey water goes from the drain pipe to a tee in the hose that runs aft to the bilge in the engine room. It works perfectly. The washing machine you have might be different but ours does not require a fresh water pump with PSI above 30.

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153

On Jan 20, 2021, at 12:33 PM, JB Duler <jbduler@...> wrote:

Hello,

We are rebuilding the whole plumbing system.

1. For the washing machine, where do you send the grey water? In the bilge and then you pump it out? There is an used thruhull above the water line with a sea cock. Any of you sending the grey water above the water line. If you heel on the wrong you run the risk of sending sea water inside the washing machine. Not good. If you close the sea cock you run the risk of a memory lapse and running the washing machine through a closed sea cock. Not good either.
What is your setup?
2. Fresh water pump: is 6GPM, 60 PSI too much pressure?

Thks!
--
John Bernard "JB" Duler
San Francisco