Re: SM spare halyard on main mast

Miles

Hi Bill,

For interest you are correct.  Amel did change the mast top along with many other things.  When I bought Ladybug, my SM 216, from Amel, they offered the extra halyard holder as an expensive option.  I accepted.  It was a beautifully crafted plate of stainless steel that was fitted to the top of the mast and had over hangs on the front two sides for halyard blocks.  I am not at the boat now (the boat is in Le Marin.  I am in Newport), but I will take a photo when I return in an two months or so if anyone is interested.

Regards,

Miles