Re: [Amel] heading south

Ric <ric@...>

I would reccomend sailing with Offshore passage opportunties from
newport. Its a great source for crew, leaves from newport, & costs
less. . Go to www.sailopo.com. I have been crew & get all my crew from
them for over 8 years. Strongly suggest you get seasoned crew.
Ric SN24 BAli Hai
On Sep 14, 2009, at 9:20 AM, "simms@xtra.co.nz" <simms@xtra.co.nz>
wrote:

Hi all from Danny and Yvonne on SM 299. Have been very interested in
this topic. We are in Maine USA now and planning on going to the
Caribbean for the winter. Had intended going back to Ft Lauderdale
Florida, (our starting point 3 months ago)by early December, leaving
her there and flying home to New Zealand for Christmas. Then
returning in late January to proceed through the Bahamas to the
Caribbean.
However having followed with interest the discussion we are now
thinking of joining the 1500 from Hampton Virginia in November. Then
we would have to leave the boat some where in the Caribbean from mid
December until late January when we return. What is the Carribean
destination for the 1500?
Not knowing any one or anything about the Caribbean can you advise a
safe (clean) place to leave the boat, in or out of the water. What
are the costs for this?

After the Caribbean we are going through the Panama and the Pacific
and home to NZ
Looking forward to your advice.
Danny and Yvonne
SM 299