Re: Fw: Deck repairs for an SM ( and other Amels )

Stephen Davis

We painted the decks on “Aloha” SM72 a little over 4 years ago. In our case, the cracks in the gel coat had allowed a few chunks of of the tan gel coat to chip off. We ended up grinding off all of tan gel coat prior to painting. Beneath the tan gel coat is another layer of white gel coat which was in good condition. Moral of the story is that you do not have to worry about water intrusion into the core, and what ever fix you choose will be for cosmetic purposes.

Steve Davis
Aloha SM 72
Port Townsend, WA