Replacing Genoa furler rivets with screws and backing plates

Stephen Davis

We have removed our head stay and furler from SM72, and would like to replace the rivets with the stainless screws and backing plates that Amel now uses. Does anyone know if Amel still sells the kit with plates and screws, and what exactly do I ask them for? Also, I’m going to need to cut the foil above the old elongated rivet holes. Anyone know how much extra foil I have to play with, and still get a full hoist on the stock 150% Genoa?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Steve Davis
Aloha SM 72
Port Townsend, WA