Re: Deck repairs for an SM ( and other Amels )

Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond

And another photo looking from the stern:

On Friday, January 22, 2021, 9:40 pm, Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond via groups.io <southernadventurer@...> wrote:

We have just finished painted our deck lines and are very happy with the final result. Our chocolate brown lines were well worn and the deck was looking shabby.

I started with washing all the deck then sanding every lines with 120 grit sand paper and a very narrow wooden sanding block.
We vacuumed and washed the deck again and then masked both sides of every line in sections. Although we had a bungalow striping tool we chose not to use it as the lines were so much straighter using masking tape and using an artist brush. We put two coats on every line and having it fully masked made it easy to apply the second coat.

We used International Toplac paint on the lines mixing 90% Ivory and 10% Cream.
We went through 20 rolls of masking tape and the entire job took 100hrs with one person doing the job.

Cost was about €250 for paint and masking tape.
My time was free as a proud owner and wouldn’t hesitate to do it again in the future.

Some photos attached:Inline image

Inline image

Inline image

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Friday, January 22, 2021, 9:02 pm, ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:

Thanks, John ,
I do have a smattering of French. How else do you speak to your boat ?
Ian

On 22 Jan 2021, at 17:58, Ian Jenkins <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:

 Thanks , Stephen ,

That’s reassuring to read .  I admire your white stripes . Beautifully done— any cooler to walk on bare foot ?
My guy has done the first 4 repairs and sent me photos . Excellent job so far . I can’t wait to see for myself . I’ve just had Covid( amazingly , very mild )  and been Pfizered so I just have to convince the Greek authorities that with natural and chemical immunity they should let me in !

Ian and Judy , Pen Azen 302, Kilada ( but we are stuck in London )

On 22 Jan 2021, at 16:53, JB Duler <jbduler@...> wrote:

 I agree, magnificent decks!!
Steve, do you mind sharing what paint you picked (either the brand or color #) for both the brown and the white?
Thks
JB

On Jan 22, 2021, at 08:52, Justin Maguire <justin_maguire@...> wrote:

Super good looking job!