From: sailw32@aol.com <sailw32@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Amel] heading south
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

Danny, The destination for the 1500 is Tortola and departs Nov, 2 from
Norfolk Va.In the BVI you can haul and launch for about $10/ft. and storage
about $10/ft./month at the low end and about $14/ft./month at the high end.
Presently I think there is 4 Amels entered in the 1500. Pat

In a message dated 9/14/2009 9:21:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
simms@xtra.co. nz writes:

Hi all from Danny and Yvonne on SM 299. Have been very interested in this
topic. We are in Maine USA now and planning on going to the Caribbean for
the winter. Had intended going back to Ft Lauderdale Florida, (our starting
point 3 months ago)by early December, leaving her there and flying home to
New Zealand for Christmas. Then returning in late January to proceed through
the Bahamas to the Caribbean.
However having followed with interest the discussion we are now thinking
of joining the 1500 from Hampton Virginia in November. Then we would have to
leave the boat some where in the Caribbean from mid December until late
January when we return. What is the Carribean destination for the 1500?
Not knowing any one or anything about the Caribbean can you advise a safe
(clean) place to leave the boat, in or out of the water. What are the costs
for this?

After the Caribbean we are going through the Panama and the Pacific and
home to NZ
Looking forward to your advice.
Danny and Yvonne
SM 299