Re: ACMO Rigging

Peter Forbes

Bill,

If this is the case - and who knows where the ‘air’ is chlorinated - is there a case to review the material that turnbuckles are made of? It is a pity if the ship looks bad because the turnbuckles can’t be buffed up?

Peter

Peter Forbes
Carango
Amel 54 #035
La Rochelle - just having rig replaced!!!
00447836 209730
07836 209730

On 29 Jan 2021, at 13:49, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

All, more information on chrome plating today vs chrome plating yesterday.

Laetitia Boudon <laetitia@...> (laetitia"at"acmo.fr) wrote the following:

I forgot to tell you that the products for chrome plating are also weaker than before, always to protect nature. People need to understand this :) ACMO quality is still there!
Regarding her comment, "always to protect nature," I did some research and found the US EPA and the EU EPA has caused all of us some issues with chrome plating today vs yesterday.
https://www.pfonline.com/articles/hard-chrome-plating-its-past-present-and-future

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie St