To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: bob@parry.net
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 07:57:23 +0000
Subject: [Amel] bow thruster stuck

Dear Ed, David, Bill and All,

We have the same problem with the bow thruster and have tried soaking with penetrating oil and pull&#305;ng down while lifting etc. We are hauling the boat in a couple of weeks and will have another go. Bearing in mind that we have not tried David's method yet,we cannot see how you can lift the electric motor with the shaft attached out of the front hatch because of the stainless steel support frame that is glassed in place. What did you try, Ed? Any success? Bill's method seems the least invasive if we can get it to work.

Bob Parry

SM#33 Nowornot

New: Messenger sign-in on the MSN homepage
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9677403