Re: How much Solar?

michael winand

We have 3 345w lg panels. In a good summer day we can see 7kw. Max watts peaks at 1150w to 1200w.
This is with Firefly batteries.  If they top off the batteries early in the morning I will switch on the water heater or 1 air-conditioning unit.
We are very pleased with the solar system, genset hours are reduced by 70%.
Michael, Nebo sm251

On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 at 1:49 am, Billy Newport
<billy@...> wrote:
I dont know if this has been addressed before but besides an answer of as much as possible, what are peoples experiences?
My 55 currently has 750W (2 × 375w LG) on the davitts. I am debating bumping this to 3 panels.

I dont have lithium and dont intend to do that ub
Neil my new GELs die, hopefully in 4 or 5 years.

I suspect 750W will be enough in a sunny location at anchor to avoid running the generator most days. Our boat drops from 100% to 70% overnight or about 200aH. So, at anchor, I figure just under 400aH a day or about 5kw. I dont know if that's high or now. Our boat is pretty stock as fitted.
If I'm moving then I will need to run the genset no matter what because of radar, auto pilot etc, I suspect.
I'd appreciate other people's experience with Amels.

Billy
Amel 55#56