Re: Yanmar no start.

Mark Erdos

Dan,

This sounds very typical of a stuck stop solenoid.

To check. Have someone at the helm push the stop button while you can observe the solenoid and lever on the engine. You should see the stop lever move as the solenoid is activated by the stop button at the panel.

To all: if you do not already have this in place it is a good idea to attached a red string (and red handle) for use as a manual stop.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us