Re: Bow thruster tube anomaly

Pietro Zaccari

Davi, 
the small screws are to keep in place an internal metal ring that is where the 4 allen screws are screwed. Did you remove all 4 alle , some year ago I forgot one and I try to pull hard with no results, of course. 
I rem6in a previous post that someone build a tool to extract the bowthruster leg from the motor 
Good luck

Pietro 
SM 364 Bolero 

Inviato dal mio Galaxy

-------- Messaggio originale --------
Da: Davi Rozgonyi <davi.rozgonyi@...>
Data: 06/02/21 18:04 (GMT+01:00)
A: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Oggetto: [AmelYachtOwners] Bow thruster tube anomaly

Hey all... So I've had a terrible time trying to remove my bow thruster foot for service (super maramu #56 1991). I inadvertently damaged the fiberglass tube, which is another question : how do I repair it? Is it a glass job?

But it is still stuck. Tried the usual things (penetrant over weeks, chain wrench, amel tool, tapping, banging, etc). There are these little screws I've never seen before on anyone's bt or in photos. Could they somehow be holding it on? The foot was removed and greased 3.5 years ago with no problem, and barely used, so rust alone seems like a stretch...there is some but doesn't look drastic. I'm afraid to remove all of these screws because of something messes up, I'll have a hard time taking her out to a yard with no bowthruster.

Anyone know what these screws do? Any ideas on how to repair a gouge in the tube?

Thanks, y'all 

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.