Re: Bow thruster tube anomaly

Sometimes, I forget to start with a simple solution.

How many Allen bolts did you remove from the base of the motor? It should have been 4.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 11:04 AM Davi Rozgonyi <davi.rozgonyi@...> wrote:
Hey all... So I've had a terrible time trying to remove my bow thruster foot for service (super maramu #56 1991). I inadvertently damaged the fiberglass tube, which is another question : how do I repair it? Is it a glass job?

But it is still stuck. Tried the usual things (penetrant over weeks, chain wrench, amel tool, tapping, banging, etc). There are these little screws I've never seen before on anyone's bt or in photos. Could they somehow be holding it on? The foot was removed and greased 3.5 years ago with no problem, and barely used, so rust alone seems like a stretch...there is some but doesn't look drastic. I'm afraid to remove all of these screws because of something messes up, I'll have a hard time taking her out to a yard with no bowthruster.

Anyone know what these screws do? Any ideas on how to repair a gouge in the tube?

Thanks, y'all