Re: Bow thruster tube anomaly

Even though it was Amel about 12 years ago that told me about the "drop method," I do not recommend it, and, in fairness, it was before they developed the tool.

Maybe you can fold 200 grit wet/dry sandpaper several times where the grit is outside on both sides and insert it around the tube, increasing the friction between the tool and the tube.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 1:40 PM Davi Rozgonyi <davi.rozgonyi@...> wrote:
Believe it or not, I have been tapping, oiling, twisting this thing for several weeks... I am definitely sleeping on it. Do you think trying to do the Amel suggested lift and drop on the hard is a good next step? I have a scheduled lift in a few weeks but was hoping to have this done by then.

What is the tube composition? How would you repair gouges in it?

So those 8 screws do nothing to hold the thruster shaft in place?