From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Germain Jean-Pierre
Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2021 7:32 PM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Bow thruster tube anomaly

Hi Guys,

I have the oldest SM. HULL 007!

I had lots of difficulty removing the foot in 2015. I used lots of WD40 and repeated use of a heat gun. It came loose eventually and is now a cinch to detach as I coat the shaft with high temp silicone grease upon reassembly.

PATIENCE, LOADS OF WD40 AND HEAT.

Good luck

Jean-Pierre Germain, Eleuthera, SM007

Opua, NZ

On 7/02/2021, at 10:27 AM, Juan de Zulueta <jdezulue@...> wrote:

Amel provided me a piece of hard sand paper to avoid the tool to slide on the tube as you can see on the picture I sent before

Juan de Zulueta

+33680895892

sent from my Ipad.

Le 6 févr. 2021 à 17:08, Dave Ritten <daveritten@...> a écrit :

I have had a problem removing a pinch bolt on a motorcycle and was worried that the head of the bolt was getting rounded. One of the suggestions was to put coarse grinding paste on a hex point socket to increase the coefficient of friction. Apparently this works well in cases where a tool is slipping. Maybe worth a try?
--
Dave Ritten
Auckland