Re: Tips appreciated: Major frustration trying to pull cable through Mizzen.

Mark McGovern

Mark,

In my case, there is no way to attach a new cable to the old cable at the top of the mast.  At least not that is apparent to me.  The original RG58 Cable seems to be "hardwired" to the Banten AIS antenna at the top of the mizzen mast.  It may be different on Cream Puff.

I can, however, attach a new cable at the base of the mast and pull a new cable up the mast to the top of the mast.

Fortunately, I have the luxury of having my mast horizontal and 4' off the ground while in the mainland USA in the land of Amazon, West Marine, Defender, etc. to figure out what I will do next.  I am planning to replace both the VHF and AIS with antennas that have a PL259 connection at the base of the antenna and run LMR-400 cables to the VHF and AIS. I will let you know how that goes.

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara