Re: Bow thruster tube anomaly

Trevor Lusty

The answer was even more heat and hammering, it wasn't pretty.  The only good thing that comes out of this is, you will never let it happen again! Your jack idea I think, is going to put massive loading on the polyester which it was never designed for and I am guessing that you won't get an even pressure around the ring which may push the entire assembly out of column.  So has it the potential to do more harm than good?  Is there any way to develop Craig's idea, because I seem to remember from before, this has been solved by getting some lateral pressure onto the shaft . Unfortunately the tube is a rea PIA right now and stops you getting at the splines on the shaft.