Re: Bow thruster tube anomaly

Davi,

Sounds good on the cofferdam. Yes, an experienced fiberglass repair person would be what I would do.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 9:37 AM Davi Rozgonyi <davi.rozgonyi@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Bill, I got that tool cranked on as tight as humanly possible without resorting to a breaker bar right at the very top of tube, it seems to be holding, no sandpaper (it fits tighter). I'm going to keep this up for a few days.

If no luck, I was considering removing the tool, and building a cofferdam directly under the cast iron using plastic wrap, zip ties, duct tape, whatever wax sealant etc. Then I can empty a half can of penetrant and it will make a pool of the stuff an inch above the joint, leaving that for a few days and trying the tool again. Like putting a bag of vinegar on a shower head. Sound good?

Edit, I would put back the Allen bolts maybe to prevent the fluid from dropping into the shaft for some period as well...

I would tremendously appreciate any advice though on if a good fibreglass guy could repair the gouge in the tube later. It is not all the way through thank goodness. Is that the way to repair it?