Re: Curtain Sizes for SM2000

Richard May

Hi Brian,

I know your post on curtains is 7+ years old but I am looking for some advice on fabric selection. Sailrite recommends using an acrylic fabric like Sunbrella. Did you use that type? Did you use a UV liner as well? I am worried about the weight of the curtains creating too much bunching behind the fans and sconces, especially in the aft cabin but want the curtains to be long lasting. How are your curtains holding up? Any advice you have would be much appreciated :)

Richard and I just took delivery of Super Maramu hull #477. It looks like the original curtains from 2005 throughout the interior. It looks/feels to me that the original curtains are a cotton/poly blend with a canvas type, possibly UV liner. The liners of the curtains are rotting so I am looking at redoing all the curtains.

Best regards,

Kathy May
SV Avogato