Re: Volvo D3 110 Sea Water Pump - Cover seal

Scott SV Tengah

Teun - do you have any photos of that setup? Which pump did they use?

I think it would be easier on the Onan since I believe it's constant RPM regardless of load, so presumably that means the original Sherwood water pump outputs at a fixed flow rate. Find an electric pump that outputs the same and you're set.

The D3, regardless of revision, has a belt driven water pump that will output more water at 2800rpm than 700rpm. Outputting the max all the time may have unintended consequences and of course outputting the minimum may lead to overheating or worse.

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 7:49 PM Teun BAAS <teun@...> wrote:

FWIW:

Although not the water pump on my D3 110H but my A54 has an @ time of construction AMEL yard installed separate electric water pump for the ONAN genset and removed the impeller completely.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

In Storage on the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

February 10, 2021 11:47:39

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909