Re: Insurance - The Marine Shop (New Zealand)

Mark,

We used The Marine Shop when we were in NZ and gave them our 2-year forward-looking plan including our destinations after departing NZ which included Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, India, etc. When we paid the premium everything was fine. About 6 months later when we were in Malaysia, the underwriter changed their mind about covering us for our previously disclosed route and we had to scramble to get insurance and a survey for insurance. To this day, I am not sure who dropped the ball, but I know that we were 100% straight forward in our disclosures. Possibly ours was an unusual case...I do not know. I believe that contractually they had the right to do this to us, but under the circumstances, we were disappointed because we never expected this.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 12:27 AM JOHN HAYES <johnhayes862@...> wrote:
Hi Mark

I’m using them

My email is johnhayes862@...

Can’t see your personal email maybe you would like to email me direct

Best
John Hayes
Nga Waka sn91
Wellington nz

On 11/02/2021, at 4:25 PM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

I recently received a quote from The Marine Shop Ltd (New Zealand) for primary coverage of our Amel. It is underwritten 100% by Great Lakes Insurance SE who has an A+ rating on Ambest.

I am wondering if anyone has any experiences to share about either of these companies. In order to comply with group rules, it you wish to send me a private email, please do.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us