Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] electrolysis on jib furling gearbox? [1 Attachment]

Dominique Sery

Hello Scott,
I'm in the same situation as you, I rarely go to marinas so I chose to install a Victron galvanic isolator.
It's lighter, smaller, much cheaper and very easy to install.
It works perfectly.
I noticed, in Greece, in some ports a potential difference of 500 mV on the ground between the shore and the boat which seemed enormous to me.
The Victron isolator cuts 600 mVc, which is perfectly in line with my expectations.
My anodes are deteriorating very little since the installation of this insulator 2 years ago.
Sincerely
Dominique
A54#16