Re: Parasailor on A54

Scott SV Tengah

Stefan,

We do like it. - the size seems to be about right. We can sail at windspeeds where before, the motor would definitely come on. On the other end, we had a situation at night in an area with low forecasted CAPE and of course a squall hit and we saw over 30 knots apparent.I made the decision to just keep the parasailor up rather than risk crew going forward to try to wrestle it down. No damage or difficulty steering whatever. We just flew along at 9-10 knots.

The motion is MUCH improved over the wing on wing setup. The only downside is setting it up can be more work than the wing on wing. I just bought the ATN tacker and will try that out next time we fly it. Joerg seems to love the ATN, so I have high hopes.

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 2:31 PM Stefan Schaufert <mail@...> wrote:
Hi Scott,

regarding the size of your Parasailor.
Are you satisfied with it? Or do you recommend different size?

Btw, the little welded loops far forward on the life rails, circled in blue, are - on my opinion - for connecting a belt as a safety element for the seat / your wife :-) / not falling out forward.
Mine made a kind of webbing for it - see attached.

Best regards
Stefan
A541#119 Lady Charlyette, currently Exumas

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69