Re: great source for watermaker membranes.

Patrick McAneny

Bill , Is there a dealer here in the States that you would recommend that have fair prices? A bit chilly down there ,I hope you have electricity ,take care.
Thanks, 
Pat
SM Shenanigans

-----Original Message-----
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Feb 17, 2021 12:32 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] great source for watermaker membranes.

😀 Filmtech makes special-length membranes for some watermaker manufacturers. I assume that the reason some watermaker manufacturers would want a membrane that is slightly shorter or longer is so that they can charge you a lot for the membrane.😀

The most common size saltwater membrane is the SW30 2540 (2.5" X 40") which is sold for near 200 euro. Of course, you can buy the exact same Filmtech membrane from some suppliers for as much as 600 euro. It's your choice, but you will receive exactly the same membrane.
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 11:18 AM Teun BAAS <teun@...> wrote:
Except, from what I have been taught by THE MASTER, you have a SPECTRA water maker. Then the length is slightly shorter and you are forced to buy from SPECTRA .

Best Regards Teun
SV AMELIT  A54  #128

In Storage on the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA
February 17, 2021 10:18:00

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842
AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of CW Bill Rouse via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 07:57
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] great source for watermaker membranes.

Remember there is one manufacturer of membranes in the world. Regardless of where you buy them, they are the same and made by Filmtech
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 6:17 PM Slavko Despotovic <slavko@...> wrote:
Hi Eric,

I am just in process of ordering membranes for my D60 dessalator. The price of SW30-2540 on the site you have in your mail is very affordable. What is your experience with them. I would need membranes in Slovenia, EU.

Regards,
--
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Portoroz

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.