From: CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Feb 17, 2021 12:32 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] great source for watermaker membranes.

😀 Filmtech makes special-length membranes for some watermaker manufacturers. I assume that the reason some watermaker manufacturers would want a membrane that is slightly shorter or longer is so that they can charge you a lot for the membrane.😀

The most common size saltwater membrane is the SW30 2540 (2.5" X 40") which is sold for near 200 euro. Of course, you can buy the exact same Filmtech membrane from some suppliers for as much as 600 euro. It's your choice, but you will receive exactly the same membrane.
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 11:18 AM Teun BAAS <teun@...> wrote:
Except, from what I have been taught by THE MASTER, you have a SPECTRA water maker. Then the length is slightly shorter and you are forced to buy from SPECTRA .

Best Regards Teun
SV AMELIT  A54  #128

In Storage on the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA
February 17, 2021 10:18:00

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842
AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909

#279 Bonne Anse in Portoroz