Re: Bowrhruster gear pil or grease?

Aktan Temiz

Hello Ross and Donna,
I saw from your email that you are currently in Turkey. I live in Izmir at the west side of Turkey. My wife and I will start to live in our boat (SM2K #469) from the beginning of July 2021. Our boat is waiting for us at Port Napoleon / South France. We bought her at the beginning of 2021 but couldn't see her till now because of pandemi. Most probably we can transfer her in May.
I just want you to know that if you need any help in Turkey for any purpose please do not hesitate to contact me.
Where are you located now? Do you need anything?
Hope to see you around...
Best regards,
Aktan

--
Aktan TEMiZ
+90 532 296 5599

Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond via groups.io <southernadventurer=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io>, 19 Şub 2021 Cum, 15:34 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

Hi Paul,

We have not used grease in the bowthruster, but we changed the lip seal to 29x42x7 from the original 30x42x7 which is what Amel have recommended. This change has prevented any leaking whilst on the hard and also hopefully preventing salt water seeping into the oil when submerged.

Kind regards
Ross and Donna
SV Intrepid Kiwi
SM2K #356
Currently in Turkey

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Friday, February 19, 2021, 3:07 pm, Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:

I'm serviceing/ repairing my bowrhruster. Remember a post a few years ago some one used grease instead of oil. Anyone have any experience using grease instead of oil? pros and cons? I notice that oil drops out from the lipseal when on the hard even with a new lipseal. Have now a new shaft the surface was a bit rough so smooth it with 2000 grit.
Paul on sykerpa SM 259 Lagos

--
Aktan TEMiZ
+90 532 296 5599