Re: Vindvane on a 54?

Randall Walker

Hey Martin,

I believe when the solar panels and wind generators went on, the run your autopilot full time was less of an energy issue.
But with the newer tender davit, the hydrovane just had to go.
My opinion is the Hydrovane would spend way to much time popping up out of the water on a 54.
Just work toward good electrical power.
Randall
IMG_1430.JPGIMG_1471.JPG

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 8:52 PM Martin Birkhoff <mbirkhoff@...> wrote:

Randall,
did the former owner say something about his experiences?

I would expect - as Bill said - the 54 to be to big to be steered by a windvane.
But because we made good experiences using a Windpilot Pacific and knowing that there are some big boats up to 60 feet with wind gear its interesting to know more if possible.

Martin
Mago del Sur 54#40