Re: Many Yanmar owners can eliminate the fuel filter with the warer sensing wiring.

Mark Pitt

Eric,

I have never had water in my fuel filter, perhaps as a result of my fuel polishing system, and would like to eliminate the wiring and sensor.  Don't I need a different setup under the filter?  Where would one get that?

Mark Pitt
Sabbatical III, SM#419, Rhode Island, USA

On 2/21/2021 3:42 AM, eric freedman wrote:

If you have a 4jh Yanmar engine and your instrument panel does not have a light to indicate you have water in the filter

you can eliminate the expensive filter, wiring,  and sensor. The only purpose of that sensor is to indicate you have water in the filter. I eliminated that setup from my new engine and added the one shown in the photo. It is so much easier to  change without the wiring.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376