Re: Amel 55 fuel tank guage accuracy

Billy Newport

Edited

I have the tank cleaned and polished today. We pulled about 60 gallons out which matches the 1/4 level on the gauge. We're still unsure though as last time we were at 1/4, we added 106 gallons to what we thought was full and the gauge showed full but based on today that would only put 166g in the tank and capacity is 230 so maybe slow down fill and keep filling...

Also, we found when we removed the inspection hatch under the captain bunk, there was diesel in the center of the rubber gasket. The gasket is a full circle on my boat, not a ring so the fuel got up there somehow and pooled in the center of the gasket. I didn't find any fuel on the bunk itself happily but something that wouldn't happen with a ring gasket for example maybe. We ended up using a little sealant on the bolts and tightened it a little more, the bolts didn't seem very tight when we removed the inspection cover.