From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Kurtz via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 4:09 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Lofrans Tigres Windlass gipsy

Last season I found that my gipsy slipped despite tightening the wing nut down as tight as I could (used a few taps from a hammer at one point).  I've owned Celtic Cross for one season and I'm going to pull apart the windlass for routine maintenance using Alexander Von Uster's excellent maintenance photos.  The question I have is whether my gipsy is simply worn out and needs replacement or will the maintenance routine restore it to full functionality?  It's essentially a clutch so it looks like it can wear out eventually.

--
Dave Kurtz
SM2 #380

Detroit, Michigan