Re: C drive drain bolt

Dean Gillies

Hi Bill,
Understood, thanks for clarifying.

My use of the word "tight" was related to the bolt not being "loose" and therefore able to move around. When I did this job in 2019, I bought a number of different standard-sized bonded washers to try and get a "not-loose" position of the V-bolt which also lined up with the line-cutter.  I was unable to achieve that goal. The use of mastic as a sealant/fixing compound is required to ensure the bolt remains "not-loose".

This was another one of those classic boat projects which should take a couple of hours to complete, but extends to days waiting for washers to arrive by mail!

Cheers, Dean
SV Stella
A54-154