From: Derick Gates <derickgates@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Feb 27, 2021 4:00 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Lofrans Tigres Windlass gipsy

I have found that if I add too much grease to the cone/gypsy surfaces, they slip past each other too easily and will not have enough friction to haul up the anchor. After wiping off much of the excess grease, the proper functioning was restored. The anchor would haul up without slipping, but the gypsy would slip as intended if the pull weight became too strong. Moderation in all things!