Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 3:40 PM Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
This is somewhat related. I find that sometimes when I try to drop my anchor the windlass will not turn and just makes a clicking sound ,I have to pull down on the chain to get it working .What causes that ?
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

-----Original Message-----
From: Derick Gates <derickgates@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Feb 27, 2021 4:00 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Lofrans Tigres Windlass gipsy

I have found that if I add too much grease to the cone/gypsy surfaces, they slip past each other too easily and will not have enough friction to haul up the anchor. After wiping off much of the excess grease, the proper functioning was restored. The anchor would haul up without slipping, but the gypsy would slip as intended if the pull weight became too strong. Moderation in all things!