Re: Super Maramu rudder filled with water

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Helen and Kostas,
As others have said there is a drain hole in the bottom of the rudder. The rudder is hollow and the drain hole is in the bottom near the front. Over time, particularly if you spend time in muddy estuaries the rudder can fill with mud. Get a hose and push water up into the hole having first opened the hole with a screwdriver/
egards
Danny
SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 05 March 2021 at 04:03 Helen and Kostas Yuvanidi <helenmi57@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear all,

Our boat is out of the water at the moment and when we removed the zincs, a lot of water drained out. I seem to remember that there should be a drainage hole at the bottom of the rudder, is that correct? Or do we have another problem?

Best regards,
Helen and Kostas on “Meditation “, SM 29 of 1990