Re: Perkins Prima M50 Transmission ratio

michael winand

I went with the 2.45 tmc with a beta 60. Using the auto prop.
I would ask beta what they suggest.
Michael  Nebo sm251

On Tue, 9 Mar 2021 at 4:58 am, Aras Grinius
<aras.grinius@...> wrote:
Would anyone know the transmission ration for a Perkins Prima M50 engine with a Hurth transmission gear ratio?  My prop measure 19".
I'm replacing my engine with a Beta Marine 50 and TCM 60 Tranny (2:1) gear ratio.  To the best of knowledge this should be fine....unless someone has other info.

So with a new engine painted red, I should be faster!  Alot faster than I am now.....

Aras Grinius
Sharki #163 1988